San Diego show May 29, 2012 0:44:11 GMT -5
Post by Allie on May 29, 2012 0:44:11 GMT -5
(click for bigger)
The rest of my pictures are here (edit 6/3: I changed the album back to friends only because my family likes to snoop, so if you want to see the pictures, just add me on Facebook).
AKUS was perfect, as usual. I had fourteenth row, and it was a pretty small venue so it wasn't too bad.
Some random things about the show:
- I tried to give flowers to Alison onstage but security took them from me and she didn't see me. She still got them, though.
- Alison called the band a "unit of love" lol.
- Alison compared all the negativity in Wild Bill Jones to a Thanksgiving dinner, and then asked Dan what his favorite dish is (and then later called him on not giving a straight answer). I believe they eventually agreed that jail was the best aspect of it all, and Alison called it the cranberry sauce of Thanskgiving dinner.
- As expected, Ron had a lot of family and friends in the audience. Seriously. The couple that was in front of me is friends with Ron's cousin.
- A few seconds of the Mission Impossible theme is apparently in the set list for good, and it sounds like Oh Atlanta is out.
- Alison announced that she has issues with drinking water before Ghost in This House because she'll end up having to burp in the middle of it.
- My videos are terrible so I'm not going to upload, due to people being rude and talking the whole time and my own shakiness because we weren't allowed to record.
- California crowds suck. Everyone's drunk and rude and loud.
My weekend in San Diego was an utter disaster other than this show (seriously, hotel staff incompetency, then in the morning my friend had to leave due to a family emergency and missed the show [she came from Arizona so she couldn't come back], and it left me stranded alone in San Diego, two hours away from home, having to move hotels and a ton of unexpected expenses...on two hours of sleep and no food, it's definitely one of those weekends where everything went wrong) and it was really nice to have the distraction and have them be able to take me away from this nightmare of a weekend.
Six shows in less than a year, and it still never gets old. ♥